The driving force in the lives of early Nazarenes, and of Nazarenes today, is a sense of mission to spread scriptural holiness. In the early 1900's (1905 or 1906) a Holiness Camp Meeting was held in Sag Harbor, NY. From this camp meeting a Holiness Mission started in Patchogue. H. N. Brown, pastor of the Bedford Avenue Church in Brooklyn attended that camp meeting in Sag Harbor. Another man who attended that meeting was C. A. Reney who served as pastor of our church from 1914-1921. C.A. Reney and H.N. Brown also attended a meeting in Chicago in 1907 when C.W. Ruth, assistant general superintendent of the Church of the Nazarene, brought other holiness groups, along with the Church of the Nazarene, into association with each other. At a second General Assembly on October 13, 1908 our denomination was officially founded as the Pentecostal Church of the Nazarene. (In 1919 the name was officially changed to The Church of the Nazarene because of new meanings that had become associated with the term "Pentecostal.").After operating as a mission for two years, the Patchogue Pentecostal Church of the Nazarene was organized on July 4, 1908 with Rev. A.C. Goldberg (a Hebrew - Christian) as its first pastor. For two more years the mission building served as the church building. In 1910, with Rev. L. C. Kirby as pastor, a church building was erected at 11 River Ave. In 1936, with Rev. R.W. Visscher as pastor, a chapel was added to the back of the building for Sunday School purposes. In 1960 the church voted to relocate and bought a lot on the corner of Franklin St. and Annanias Ave. (now Nazarene Way), and they broke ground in August of that year.
In August of 1961 the congregation moved into the basement of the new church. Although only half of the heating was installed and floors were unfinished, the annual Christmas Service was held in the Sanctuary. After months of labor by volunteer help alone the present building was completed and dedicated to the Lord on Sunday, September 29, 1963. The sermon was given by Dr. Samuel Young, and the prayer of dedication was given by the District Superintendent, Rev. Robert Goslaw.
The current pastor (Interim) is Rev. Nicholas Franco. He and his wife Corinne have been a part of this ministry since April, 1989.